Saturday, August 26, 2006

That's a Wrap

I finished shooting tonight at 1 A.M, two and a half grindingly screamingly out-of-the-question hours into overtime. Or so I was made to feel. Fact is? They probably have it in the budget.

When I look back at the first day of shooting it feels like something that happened in third grade. Like years and seasons presidencies have gone by between my first "action" before a shot of a truck passing by as seen through the spider-web draped windows of a rusted, abandoned car to my last "cut" after a shot of a menacing intruder's pov of a moonlit cabin the woods. But the whole crazy wonderful tense uncertain adventure only took four weeks. In my trailer when I went back to base camp tonight there was a package with some framed photographs of me directing, including one of me and La International Star, and one picture of me sitting on a ladder in the woods reading the script and looking very intense, and on the back of the picture were signatures and notes from the whole cast and crew--very moving and uplifting. And I need uplift because I'm feeling both good sad--that sweet nostalgia of saying good bye to great new friends who feel like family, like on the last day of summercamp--and also uneasy about the next steps of cutting, scoring, actually making it a movie. But when will I learn? When will I learn that I panicked about casting and ended up with a full house of dream actors? And on and on and on?

How about if I learn right now?

I did it, folks. I shot the movie, and it's looking good.

Onward!

4 Comments:

Blogger barista brat said...

great job on getting through that shoot.

i'm anxious to hear what you think after editing.

4:16 AM  
Blogger Facets of V said...

YEAHHHHHHHHH!!Congrats and thanks so much for sharing it with us!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

(((STANDING OVATION!)))

Way to go, Tom! Way to go!

I had every ounce of faith in you and am proud that you forged on through any difficulties you encountered.

~Shannon~

BTW: Your success makes me feel as if I am capable of making my dreams come true!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

If you so desire, hopefully it won't be years until your next shoot.

Of course, we're waiting to hear the woes of editing.

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home