Monday, November 20, 2006

Dodging a Cannonball

TV-Semi-Star, blessed be The Spirit That Animates The Universe, has passed on the project. In the meantime I found the exact right actress for the role. A host of leads in really interesting indies, member of a beloved TV ensemble cast as a kid, an indelibly funny role in a recent teen hit. Made my impassioned plea to head of casting for the network, he looked at her demo reel, fell in love like I did, all is looking good, then: head of network calls, very excited about offering it to a Genuine Authentic TV Star, currently the highest paid woman in television. (You are all going to know who this is, I think. I'm not hiding the names to be coy. I'm hiding them so people don't google their way through the stars' names to this blog and blow my anonymity and my freedom to be as scathing as I wanna be.) She's great, actually. She's incredibly funny. But can she cry? Can she undergo a spiritual transformation? No reason to think she can't. So we all sign on. An offer is going to go out.

But--

And this is a really good but--

She was just at Tom and Katie's wedding in Italy and has jetlag and--with five days until I shoot and Thanksgiving smack in the middle of them--SHE IS TAKING A NAP AND HER AGENT DOESN'T WANT TO WAKE HER UP.

That's where we are at this moment.

5 Comments:

Blogger barista brat said...

oh man. it's amazing how an entire production can be held up by a well-intentioned agent.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Facets of V said...

Well the 'stars' seem to be lining up just right for you this time. (pun intended lol) It has to be exciting for you!

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I got here randomly (that word is way overused) through another blog. I usually lurk without commenting, but I just wanted to warn you, if anonymity is important to you: while no one will find you by Googling, someone who already reads your blog can find out who you are, with a little imdb-detecting.
(And now I'm hoping you won't change your address because, like I said, I love your blog.)
Best wishes,
J. in Israel

9:50 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Dear J. in Israel--

I'm glad you un-lurked. Your warning is well taken. But I'm taking the risk, and not changing the address. Do you have your own blog? Will you come out of the shadows?

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Tom,
Well, I'm happy you're going to keep on blogging here.
As for me, I do have a blog. But since I write about aspects of my faith life, I keep it pretty much private. [I'm a messianic Jewess (quite the loaded statement), therefore Zionistic (most of us are)... which explains my living in Israel.]

J. in Israel
(a few Qassams' launch from Gaza)

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home