Sunday, January 28, 2007

And then, out of the blue...

About an hour after I wrote the previous post I got a call: they watched it over lunch and they're giving the notes at 3:30. Well whaddaya know. So I high-tailed it back to the cutting room and the conference call came in and they loved it. Loved it. Cried multiple times. The head of movies for the network says the film should be used as a psychological test: anybody who sees one particular scene and doesn't cry is officially a sociopath. The underling who had called in the morning and seemed a little negative apologized, saying "I loved it and cried three times but I couldn't say that until I knew what my boss thought." Ah Hollywood. But all's well that ends well. The only criticisms were the placement of a couple of the act breaks, a couple of small moments they wanted to clarify (they were right on all counts), and the choice of music in the temp--which is okay--the music I really want to keep is staying and they're probably right about the rest. They'll take a look at the changes tomorrow night and then it goes to the big bosses in New York. One more gate to get through...

2 Comments:

Blogger Facets of V said...

Ahhhhhh, big deep breath and YESSSSS the happy dance starts! I hope you had a great weekend with the family.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Jason Hesiak said...

Sweet...glad to hear things are going well.
Jason

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home