Friday, January 26, 2007

Arrgghghhhh

The post production schedule was agreed upon by the producers, the studio and the network weeks ago. The schedule is of particular importance to the studio because the network only gives them X amount of dollars to make the movie and anything above and beyond that amount comes out of the studio's pocket and delays in schedules cost $$$. The schedule called for the movie to be delivered yesterday and for notes to be given today. So last night I zenned myself into some kind of calm and yes a glass of pretty damn good red wine didn't hurt and I woke up today reasaonbaly ready for the notes. Which didn't come. Because the network didn't watch the movie last night. That is, the head of movies didn't. Her frightened underling did and all she said (pending finding out what her boss thinks) was: "Um, I think there may need to be more contemporary music in the, um, temp score," and that was it. This sends horror to my soul because in this spiritual story about life, death, dying and acceptance the music of Bach, Vivaldi and Mozart that I have used tells the story better than anything written after about 1805 possibly could. So we'll see what happens with that. The problem is that I SUCK AT WAITING. We're told we'll hear Monday. My mind is racing about the ways in which unskilled underling is going to transmit her fear and bad ideas to her boss. My mind is racing about oh, all kinds of grim eventualities. For better or for worse, my mind has no future-reading skills at all, as has been proven many times. So will somebody please tell my mind to Shut The Fuck Up for a minute so I can get something done between now and Monday and maybe even have a good time with my wife who is coming back from a week away and my kids who are both home this weekend?

2 Comments:

Blogger Facets of V said...

ROFL HEY MIND SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GIVE THE MAN SOME PEACE!! I do hate to wait too!! Another glass of that wine and some laughs with the family sound like just the thing to take your mind off it a little..enjoy. If the underling is that tentative and hesitant..I doubt she has much influence on the boss. I have every confidence they will agree that your choice of music transmits exactly the message you wish!!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Jason Hesiak said...

Hhh....consensus on the year humans forgot about death. Actually mine was 1800ish. Ineresting. Its when Posotivism was developed...ish.

:)

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home