Monday, February 12, 2007

Three Quarters Of A Loaf

They approved three out of the four cues in contention. You'd think I would have danced for joy when I got the call. No. I didn't. I STUPIDLY began arguing for the 4th cue, then mercifully caught myself, apologized, thanked the head of music at the network and said I would figure out what to do about that final cue. Well I found a song that works unbelievably well--Eva Cassidy's cover of Sting's Fields of Gold. Anybody know it? Wow. Problem is, it's--well--I mean, it's Sting, for Gawd's sake, and that means (well-deserved) $$$$$. I guess I have expensive taste--for two other spots in the movie I have found that a couple of Damien Rice songs work perfectly. Now, on one side, I have the studio telling me the songs are too expensive, and on the other side I have the network saying nothing at all: they got the DVD's of song-and-picture on Friday morning and as of close of business on Monday there has been deafening silence emanating from their direction. Hate the songs? Love the songs? Haven't gotten to them yet? Couldn't care less that the final sound mix is theoretically a week from Wednesday?

I'm going quietly out of my mind.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get those Damien Rice songs!! He is FANTASTIC!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Facets of V said...

They sure love to keep you hanging don't they? Do you have ANY nails left to bite? I like your choices....if that helps!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home