Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Five Weird Things

Thank you for the tag, Bigg. Here are Five Weird Or Random Things About Me:

1. I have never in my entire life won a game of chess against anybody.
2. No member of my family, going back as far as great grandparents and outward in all directions all the way through brothers, cousins, aunts and uncles all the way to all known second cousins has ever been divorced. (2a: My family is living proof that this is not necessarily a good thing.)
3. My favorite food is Brussels sprouts.
4. Whenever I am singing Happy Birthday To You with a group I feeled compelled to harmonize on the last four words of the song, loudly and badly. I am not musical and can't sing on key and I know I should stop myself from doing this but I can't.
5. I doodle so much while I'm on the phone or supposedly working that I can go through all the ink in a ballpoint pen in a day.

Having been tagged, I hereby tag Anna (who we all hope is feeling better), Marco (who blogs seldom and may not see this), Bill, Jason and Facets of V. Simple instructions:

1. Thank the person who tagged you.
2. In your blog post five weird, strange or random things about yourself.
3. Tag five people.

Yes I know this is the 21st century equivalent of a chain letter. Fortunately it comes with neither a promise that you will win a million dollars if you do it nor a threat that terrible things will happen to you if you don't. It seems to be some kind of harmless community ritual, and that is all.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No divorces of any member of your family and brussell sprouts? You win this so far.

But I like weird in a person. Brussel sprouts remind me of eating farts. And I love almost every other vegetable.

11:25 AM  
Blogger annabkrr said...

Thank you for the well wishes, Tom. I'll get on my "tag" soon,I've got lots of crazy stuff to list! :)

7:42 AM  
Blogger brotherbill said...

Brussell sprouts rule! The north coast of Santa Cruz County is sprout Nirvana, and the world capitol of sprouts. They like the warm summer fog and misty mornings.

I are tagged! Not funny. However, the unrecovered Al-Anon in me complies and swears to make MY ANSWERS better than anyone's answers because I AM one of the three obstacles to success in my program of choice. Oh my god! I don't have FIVE friends to tag. I don't have FOUR friends to tag. I don't have THREE friends to tag. I don't have TWO friends to tag. I don't have ONE friend to tag. I don't have ANY friends. My life is over...

Opps! Sorry, just a little Al-Anon backsliding. (Is there anything else I can do to help?) As a recovering Al-Anon you must know I need to set boundries for my own well-being, not to keep others out, but to keep me in. I cannot accept tags from anyone right now, however I will get right on it. Where's my sponsor's phone number? Drama is my life.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog. Linked here from desperate husband. Enjoy drinks. ;D

6:19 AM  
Blogger Facets of V said...

lol thanks Tom, brussel sprouts huh?

8:11 AM  
Blogger m said...

Thank you, Tom.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home