Thursday, April 27, 2006

Hiatus

Just a thought here:

We can all understand why the price of oil is going up. The world situation, increased demand in India and China, the uncertainty of supply. Fine. And we accept the fact that Exxon etc. have to raise their prices to maintain their profit margin. No problem. But does it take a genius or a congressional investigation to see that if an oil company's PROFITS, not revenues, are doubling and tripling during this period, somebody is, um, taking advantage of the situation to anally rape each and every one of us? And isn't asking Bush and Co. to investigate the situation a little like asking Goldfinger to head up the investigation into who messed with the gold in Fort Knox?

WHEN, OH LORD, WHEN WILL WE BE RELEASED FROM SUCH PATHETICALLY TRANSPARENT EVIL? HOW STUPID DO YOU THINK WE ARE?

Okay. I feel better now.

I also want to say that I'm going on hiatus here with the blog for a while. After thinking about a recent comment exchange with [sic], I'm realizing that I need all my concentration and writerly energy for the two projects I'm working on now and looking down the list of things to temporarily excise from the time/energy/concentration budget it seemed that blogging could easily take a break. So--I'll be checking back with all of you as time rolls on and blogging once again when my projects get written, and can always be reached at tomjay5@hotmail.com.

With love to all,


Tom

3 Comments:

Blogger Juanita said...

Dang! I hate hiatuses. Is that a word?

4:49 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Good question. Maybe it's hiati? Or is that an island in the Caribbean caught up in centuries of strife, poverty and poor government?

6:14 PM  
Blogger RJ March said...

Oh, check in now and then-- I need this.

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home