Thursday, June 15, 2006

A Director's Prayer

God, Higher Power, Force of Healing and Joy In The World, or whatever Your name may be:

Let me not approach this great opportunity with complaint, annoyance, agitation, doubt and that hideous general feeling that the whole situation isn't as good as it could or should be. Let me take joy in having an opportunity to move images, words, sounds, music and most of all people across a screen. Let me be grateful and have faith. I know that the last time I made a movie I really and truly felt Your presence with me in a very traditional big-guy-up-there-helping-me-out kind of way and I know that I can't grasp or believe in that now, but I also know that there's Something coursing through the Universe that can help lift me out of this weirdly grim state of mind I find myself in about the whole thing and I am looking to you, oh great something-that-courses-through-the-Universe to fill me with your Light.

Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

(((laughing)))

Sent the e-mail THEN read the blog. Maybe one day our paths will cross.

Anyhow, you'll be fine. Your directing prowess will be fine. Your energy and judgement and film making finess will be fine. YOU WILL BE FINE.

Take until next time.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home