Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A New Turn of Events

Well I'm off to direct a cable movie. Off to Calgary, Alberta, to be precise. Is the movie set in the Rockies? No, actually, it's set in North Carolina. But, you know, global economics strikes again: it's cheaper to shoot up there. The budget is low but non insanely low, the script is okay but not great--wrote it myself, so I know. Am I nervous? Well, it's my third movie, so I know exactly how much there is to be nervous about. But I'm excited to. So now this is going to be a new kind of blog.

This is going to be a blog about directing a movie.

Casting started today. I got a list of the names of a hundred actresses for the lead role. The really really good ones, the ones you would slobber over, are all listed at the end under "not interested." But there are still some really good ones up front. Ones that frankly I could die happy having worked with. I know who I want. Now I wait to hear who the producers, the network, the studio and the foreign investors want. An offer goes out to one lucky actress this weekend. Wish me luck!

And stay tuned.

4 Comments:

Blogger RJ March said...

I will wish you luck and I will keep tuned.

10:16 PM  
Blogger annabkrr said...

LUCK!!

6:37 AM  
Blogger General Catz said...

tom, thanks for finding my blog. and, as a lapsed writer, i'd like to wish you all the best on your film. you must have something special to be in the situation you are in.

as to your wife, i am the last person to give advice on that issue. it sounds like it sucks. intimacy can't be a one-way street. otherwise, all you'd need is your hand. the connection is everything, in bed or out. i hope things turn around.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Bigg said...

I wish you all the luck in the world!

Can you tell us which cable channel it will air on?

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home