Friday, July 21, 2006

End of the Week

Ooooh the network is getting a little pissy. I cut a character for length and because I thought she wasn't needed in the story and the network wants her back and I sent them emails and we discussed and I won but the price of winning is that now they are pissy. Partly because of that and partly just because, today I felt the icy cold shot of fear: what will they think of the movie when I turn it in? On my last movie I had somebody from the production office go out and get me all the dark chocolate she could find and when I got the call from the head of movies at the network after he had seen my first cut of my movie I ate chocolate and gritted my teeth at his notes and tried not to throw a tantrum and ended up having to make some changes I hated making.

And guess what happened then?

The head of movies at the network got canned the next day and I put the movie back the way I wanted it.

The point is that now, with urgent tasks of casting, choosing locations, planning shots, hiring an editor and a composer before me, here I am living in a moment that is two full months away. INSANITY!

So it's back to the prayer from last week: Please God let me be HERE.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home