Saturday, July 15, 2006

And then there was the actress who...

...made it clear in her deal that she wants healthy food on set, and 24 hour access to the gym--and a room with windows that open, because she smokes.

...expressed horror at the terrible treatment of animals in polo and rodeos while ordering eggs and sausage for breakfast.

...expressed outrage at the horrors of capitalism and its mistreatment of the working class and then not six minutes later complained that the airport in Los Angeles is the worst worst worst because there are no priority security lines for first class passengers.

I will say that she's a good person who loves her family and her friends and when an excited fan called out "Oh my God it's [name of actress]!" as we were going into the hotel tonight she handled it with grace and clearly doesn't let that aspect of the whole thing go to her head or factor into her thinking at all. I think the reason I'm snarking on her at all is that we had a good first day of hanging out and getting to know each other but now I'm worrying that I was too democratic, too "what do you think." I haven't quite found the director voice in this relationship yet. Haven't quite found the way to be The Man. Or maybe I'm looking at that the wrong way. Maybe I should just say: this is The Man that I am, just the way I'm being it, and I'll find a way to get what I want on film as the The Man that I am, not The Man I think I should be. Yeah. That's the mantra for today.

While I call room service to make sure I have her eggs and sausages delivered all hot and ready for our 8 A.M. wardrobe meeting tomorrow morning.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

(((LAUGHIING)))

I'd love to be a fly on your wall for just one day. JUST... ONE... DAY!

11:11 PM  
Blogger Facets of V said...

I am with sic about being on the wall..think I wanna be a mosquito so I can bite annoying people tho! *huge grin*

11:39 PM  
Blogger annabkrr said...

CANNOT imagine the life you lead...........

4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very wise choice indeed!(IMHO)You are after all a man just like any man unlike any other man. To quote Peter Allen.

9:13 AM  
Blogger General Catz said...

having worked in both music and film industries, i can understand your woes. but her demands don't sound all THAT awful, really, and most of us go around contradicting ourselves at the drop of a hat!

sounds like you're just freaked. maybe once everything is set in place and filming starts, it might get a bit better? or maybe not. having just watched some rather long documentaries on the making of the first Pirates film, i'm constantly in awe at how films get made, period. What an emormous amount of work and dedication, on virtually no sleep. My best wishes to you!

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home