Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Day One

Active prep started today.

Here's when I'm happy and positive and having a great time doing this: when somebody--anybody--an assistant, a designer, whatever--says they think my script is wonderful.

Here's when I'm low and asking myself why bother doing anything: when somebody makes no comment on the script at all, or says "I liked a lot of it" (auggghhh!), or says the words that are a sure sign that they thought it was crap: "I enjoyed it.'

How do I get off that roller coaster?

2 Comments:

Blogger Flip said...

You could start by saying the serenity prayer, and then surrender.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Just curious, Tom... are the responses you've outlined standard industry putdowns or are they the result of some deep seeded inner demon that raises it's ugly head from time to time?

Just curious because I think you and I share the same f**king demon.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home