Thursday, July 13, 2006

Star

The t's on the deal haven't all been crossed but it looks like I have a star for my movie. Here's where I run into the tricky part: so far exactly what the movie is and who it's for has been kept vague; oce I tell you the name of the star I'm blowing my anonymity, because in a little while the movie will be easy to look up, and sometime next year it'll be on TV, and then all of this isn't private anymore. The decision to do that isn't one I'm yet ready to make. so: suffice to say that the actress who is coming on board is fantastically beautiful, relatively untested as an actress, but very good. And also no household name, to be honest--the network's notion that she will bring eyes to the TV screen may be unfounded, and there were better known actresses they nixed in favor of her--stuff over which I had no control. Be all of that as it may--she is aboard!

Now here's what I've learned about myself: for a few weeks all of my anxiety was focused on hiring an actress, all of my annoyance was directed at the network for dragging their feet and making unerealistic offers. Now, without those convenient targets outside myself, I'm stuck with---ME! A me whom I find plunged into gloom particularly focused on a sense that my finale with a mean guy holding a knife to the neck of a vulnerable woman WHOM WE KNOW PERFECTLY WELL IS GOING TO BE FINE is going to come off LUDICROUS.

And once that worry is behind me, what then will I find to gnaw obsessively on?

4 Comments:

Blogger Flip said...

I dunno, but I'm sure you will find something.

I have been trying to concoct something coherent about my own experiences falling in love. But by just now saying that, I have probably jinxed any possibility of writing something that might help you out.

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the sickest, gloomiest, most anxiety-ridden of them all?

Flip

1:12 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Is it still too late to make some last minute changes?

I have every ounce of faith you, my friend. Every ounce.

9:13 PM  
Blogger annabkrr said...

All I can comment on is the loss of your annonymity while I smile to myself....WINK WINK

6:17 AM  
Blogger Facets of V said...

Tom there is ALWAYS something to fret about, is it comforting at all to know that it's at least different and not always the same dreary thing??? * smile* If you want to keep who you are to yourself, that's cool, we are all just people doing the best we can with what we have and looking for a little support along the way. Guess you can pick and choose and drop an email if you want.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home