Monday, July 31, 2006

One Down

Then there was the actress with the broken foot so we gave her a cane because it goes really well with the character and the network wants some line that explains the cane but it isn't needed because for God's sake she's an abused woman her husband beat her she walks with a cane and then there's the shot I dropped of the main character looking at the lemonade pitcher from her childhood that the executive producer asked for because for God's sake the scene isn't ABOUT that and the executive producer wants me to some how go back and get that and how do I do that on a location I will never ever be going back to on a schedule that is already so jammed it's coming out my ears and then there's the three shots we didn't get and then there's the half hour of overtime I went into and then there's the rushed wild way I covered some of the scenes and then there's the FEAR: WHAT WILL THE NETWORK SAY ABOUT TODAY'S DAILIES TOMORROW!?

And so the first day passes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Hang tight Napoleon Dynamite! I'm sure you're doing a fine job. Try not to overthink things. Given your situation, I know it's hard to.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Jason Hesiak said...

:) ...ahh the run-on sentences written by professional and well-educated writers caused by the tension between merchants and artisans...

I have to say, Tom, I'm enjoying this inside account, and, interestinly enough, identifiying with it more than I would have thought! That's so interesting to me...

9:42 AM  
Blogger Flip said...

Hey Tom,

You made it through the first day! Just like coughing out that first sentence when you have to give a speech, it just flows on and on from here.

Thanks for sharing this interesting peek behind the scenes that so few of us get to see.

Take care,

Flip

11:08 AM  
Blogger Facets of V said...

YEA TOM!! Slow down , take a deep breath and exhale slowly and think...Please God, let me be here! Then smile and go back tomorrow and KICK SOME CINAMATIC ASS!!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home